TECHNOCEL® for quality improvement of welding process.
TECHNOCEL® cellulose fibres are used for coating in the production of high-quality welding electrodes. When welding, combustion of the slag leads to a local overpressure that pushes the liquid metal into the welding seam. At the same time, the resulting carbon dioxide acts as a protective gas and thus prevents oxidation of the welding seam or the weakening caused by this.
The share of TECHNOCEL® varies depending on the rod electrode type. Pipeline or cellulose electrodes contain between 30 and 45% cellulose, while the cellulose share in rutile electrodes is about between 5 - 13%.
Benefits of TECHNOCEL®:
- Short drying times and reduced cracking in the production of the coating masses
- Reduced smoke and smell formation when welding
- Lower slag formation
- Good flow properties leading to deeper entry into the welding seam
- Reduced splashing when welding
- Better protection gas atmosphere
- Easy welding even in different positions (e.g. welding over head)