SANACEL® enhances the quality features of extrudates
Powdered celluloses (E460ii) and dietary fibres from wheat, oat, barley, apple and potato allow a high dietary fibre intake by enriching extruded products with dietary fibres.
SANACEL® regulates the intestinal flora and supports the human digestion. Dietary fibres with soluble parts e.g. from apple, potato and barley fibres additionally have a prebiotic effect. SANACEL® betaG contains the highly effective polysaccharide beta-glucan with health claims. Barley beta glucans can positively influence the blood sugar and cholesterol level.
SANACEL® dietary fibres are not only used for dietary fibre enrichment, they also bring advantages for production, storage and transportation of semi-finished and finished extrudates. The application of SANACEL® fibres for the production of extruded products results in a homogenous pore structure, a smooth surface, reduced breaking and abrasion as well as a crispy and crunchy texture.
Nutritional advantages of SANACEL® dietary fibres in extruded products
- dietary fibre enrichment and/ or beta-glucan enrichment
- calorie reduction („light“-products)
- customized and target-oriented application e.g. oat fibre in gluten free products
- stating of “Added value” possible by using “Health Claims” of the EFSA
Technological advantages of SANACEL® dietary fibres in extruded products:
- improved moisture binding within the extrudate
- facilitates the homogenisation of fat-containing and hygroscopic products
- equal pores
- increased breaking stability
- extrudate remains longer crispy e.g. if milk is added
- aroma-intensification by SANACEL® betaG or SANACEL® AF 401
- steady and easy dosing with screw conveyor
Depending on the kind and target of the application SANACEL® dietary fibre concentrates with a fibre length between 35 – 80 µm are used.